Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Forty-two

Elaine and I were married forty-two years ago today. It hardly seems possible. Happy anniversary, Elaine, in all the seasons and all the years.

Q: Who knows where the time goes? Anyone?

10 comments:

  1. https://dmr.bsu.edu/digital/collection/MunDelFilms/id/313

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time well spent, I’d say! Happy Anniversary❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: Happy anniversary. Second, regarding time: A writer published "Sixty," a journal of his sixtieth year. Sort of like a blog in print. My favourite line was about memory, "I've lost two decades, but I forget which two."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sean.

    No lost decades here, but time seems to have become incredibly compressed. As I’ve said several times in conversation recently, it feels as if it were a few weeks ago that I was asking Elaine if she’d like to see Vertigo (our second date, when the movie had just been rereleased).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you for having found the perfect way to spend years! Spend many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, many more! Thank you, Tororo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who was it who said, “remember, marriage is forever”?
    Your friend Aldo!
    I picture him and his friend the BVM doing a little congratulations dance for you and Elaine in heaven🥰

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.