Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother’s Day

[My mom, not yet a mom, in Florida, 1954. Photograph by my dad, not yet my dad. Shared with permission. Click for a larger view.]

Happy Mother’s Day to all.

comments: 8

Fresca said...

She looks California 😎 Cool!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the humans who grew other humans!

Michael Leddy said...

I thanked my mom today for getting me here. Or who would be wearing this hat, I asked her?

Tororo said...

Happiness everyday to all mothers in your family! I did not think of sending these wishes earlier, because (you probably know) in France la fête des Mères is not celebrated at the same time as Mother's Day (it's June 4).

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Tororo. I will make a note of June 4, which I’m surprised to see is missing from the list of international holidays in my Moleskine planner.

Anonymous said...

good eating

https://bklyn.newspapers.com/image/543833097/?terms=%22mothers%20day%22%20%20special%20menu

Michael Leddy said...

Fire up the time machine!

Tororo said...

By the way, I should have said: this year it will be June 4, for it's not the same every year: it's either last Sunday in May or first Sunday in June depending on the date of Pentecost. And many countries celebrate it on different days (very complicated!). Perhaps this is why such a date is missing from the list of international holidays.

Michael Leddy said...

My Moleskine does have May 28 and 29, which I just learned are Whit Sunday and Whit Monday. And I found an online list of days with May 29, 2022, and June 4, 2023 for la fête des Mères.

I hope that French daughters and sons do a better job than my planner of remembering June 4 this year. : )