Friday, May 5, 2023

A Gershwin and a Mongol

January 1, 1930: a photograph of George Gershwin, composing with a Mongol pencil.

Embed from Getty Images[Click for a much larger view.]

Related reading
All OCA Mongol posts (Pinboard)

[It’s a Getty Images photograph, not for sharing. I learned today from Fresca that Getty photographs can be embedded. But you have to click on the photograph and scroll down to see the </> Embed button.]

comments: 4

Frex said...

Cool photo!

I'm guessing you already know this--you can embed (but only embed) Getty images for free:
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/resources/embed

I am no respecter of Getty's copyright myself... They are kind of an Evil Empire, don't you think?

Frex = Fresca

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Fresca, I didn’t know about embedding. Nothing shows though for this photograph.

Michael Leddy said...

I figured it out. Hovering over the photo, as Getty instructs, does nothing (in three browsers). But clicking for the large version shows an embedding option under the photo. Thanks!

Fresca said...

I’m glad it works!