Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Out and about

I had to visit our Toyota dealer for service on our car and to pick up a novel by Willa Cather for a thesis I was directing. I stopped first at a beauty salon/restaurant. A young woman offered to take my jacket. Certainly.

I stood and waited a while, and when I was ready to leave, I walked to the rack where she had hung my jacket. No jacket. I asked if she knew where it was, and she directed me to a booth where another young woman sat wearing a brown jacket with a hood. But that wasn’t my jacket (Lands’ End, men’s, brown, no hood).

Freaking out a bit, I looked for the manager, having realized that my car key was in my jacket pocket. “I have to get to        ,” I told him. He waved someone over to assist me. “What are we going to do?” I asked. “Walk?” Yes. It was a ten-mile walk.

In my waking life, I have all of Willa Cather’s fiction.

Related reading
All OCA dream posts (Pinboard)

comments: 0