Friday, April 5, 2019

No ticket to happiness

The Chronicle of Higher Education reports that Jordan Peterson and Slavoj Zizek will engage in a public debate about whether capitalism or Marxism leads to happiness. Two remaining tickets, $1500 each. Neither one a ticket to happiness.

comments: 4

Chris said...

Apparently there were some lower-priced tickets as well. $1500 is about my price range for what I'd need to agree to sit through that event.

Fresca said...

Oh, wow--glad to know this. For the cash prize, they should dress like professional wrestlers. Peterson could wear a lobster. (So Dada, too.)

What I'm wondering is, who gets the money? The article didn't say, did it?

I figure I can watch this for free on youTube afterward. Might be fun? Or just more of the same...

Michael Leddy said...

I admit getting snookered in by the headline. I’ve corrected to make it clear that $1500 each is the price for the two remaining tickets.

Having seen these fellows on YouTube (Peterson) and in a documentary (Zizek), I think $1500 would be fair payment.

Michael Leddy said...

If there’s any ambiguity: I mean payment for sitting and listening.