Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Another Mark Trail improvement


[Mark Trail revised, March 10, 2015.]

Now with needless words really, really omitted.

A related post
How to improve writing (no. 55) Today’s strip, improved

comments: 4

Elaine said...

I had never realized that beavers used flying buttresses in their dam-building! This explains why the street dept. had so much trouble blasting the dams they put up (over night)--flooding a roadway down the hill from our home in Ohio....

Slywy said...

I never knew about this book (abridgement):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jl-incrowd/2491519932/in/set-72157601903080963

Michael Leddy said...

Elaine, I suspect there’ll be some blasting (or attempted blasting) any week now: Mark is visiting a friend in the lumber business.

Diane, I didn’t know about a Mark Trail book either. That must be a Scholastic book. I recognize the TX.

Slywy said...

I found a Flickr set of vintage Scholastic covers. To my surprise, I recognized several of them. I read more of them than I remember . . . although not Mark Trail.