Monday, March 9, 2015

From The Noun Project



The Noun Project aims to create “a visual language of icons anyone can understand.” Looking at the work therein offers chance after chance to think about what’s sufficient to make an intelligible image. If you want to say books, spines and a tilt, I think, will do it.

As some libraries move toward booklessness, it’s reassuring that a search at the Noun Project for library still leads to books.

comments: 2

shallnot said...

The image that accompanies this post did not immediately express "books" to me. They are too far apart and anthropomorphic for that.

They look more like the eraser end of a pencil, except that one is double-ended.

Michael Leddy said...

I guess that might be why there are so many icons to represent books.

I thought of crayons with this image, but the lack of points and the bands at the top and bottom of one slab say books to me. What works for one person might not work for another.