Saturday, September 30, 2023

Thirty-nine

[Drawing by me. Click for a larger view.]

Elaine and I were married thirty-nine years ago today. That’s a lot of years. It hardly seems possible.

Happy anniversary, Elaine.

[I made this drawing with an Apple Pencil and and iPad months ago. I’m not sure why. Now I guess I know why.]

comments: 15

Elaine Fine said...

Happy Anniversary to us!

Heber Taylor said...

Best wishes to both of you from a fan down South.

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Heber.

Geo-B said...

Congrats!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, George.

Chris said...

Congratulations to you both! My wife and I were married about three weeks later.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, and the same to you.

Fresca said...

A charming sketch of a lovely couple ❤️
May you have many more happy years together!
Xo Fresca

Michael Leddy said...

Aw, thanks, Fresca!

Elaine said...

So many shocking developments lately....I always think I'm the same age as people I meet (orknow in some wise) and here Ifind we have logged more years (44 so far) than you two. The kids are 40 and nearly 43. There will be no grandkids, though we have 7 grand-kitties.

Congratulations on your partnership!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Elaine.

The years, they creep up, don’t they. I remember what a friend, close to ninety, once said: “I look in the mirror — I look old. But I don’t think I’m old!”

Tororo said...

I took a good look at the family portrait: none of you look old. Stay that way for a long, long time!

Anonymous said...

That is a great accomplishment

Michael Leddy said...

Tororo, we have always looked the same. : )

Thanks, Anon. It’s taken a while.

Michael Leddy said...

Better: we have always looked like ourselves.