Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Repurposed dish drainer

I’ve used bakeware to cool a Vaio laptop. My desk is a kitchen table. And now I have a Rubbermaid dish drainer to hold working folders. It was Elaine’s idea. Thank you, Elaine.

comments: 4

Elaine Fine said...

I should mention that this is the small size: the only one easily available in red (unless you are Julia Child, who has a large red one in her Smithsonian kitchen, or are in a position to buy dish drainers in bulk). We bought this one years ago (because it was red), but, because it doesn't have holders for glasses it ends up being useless for people who drink--anything. It's perfect for folders, though.

Michael Leddy said...

Just to add to what Elaine wrote: Amazon sells the large red drainer only in six-packs. The small holds standard folders perfectly.

Lee said...

What a good idea! I may not be great on multitasking, but I adore multipurpose.

Michelle said...

I find this very ammusing because for years I have used a file folder holder as a dishdrain.