Friday, August 14, 2009

THE MAIN TITLE



[“Experimental layout by Jan Tschichold, 1948 (assisted by Erik Ellegaard Frederiksen).” From Phil Baines, The Penguin Book: A Cover Story, 1935–2005 (London: Allen Lane, 2005), 56.]

Seeing it out of context, I’d guess “Andy Warhol.”

Related reading
Richard Doubleday, Jan Tschichold at Penguin Books

comments: 2

Crayons said...

Wow! I grew up in a house full of those. I love it.

You know, I have been a terrible blog neighbor since June. I have el-cheapo Internet and our concrete apartment building thwarts a solid signal. But things have gotten better over the past two weeks. I think I'm back in the neighborhood.

Also, thanks for your comment on my blog. I really wept my way through drawing it and trying to collapse it into a brief tale.

Michael Leddy said...

Welcome back to the Internet, Caroline, and thanks for dropping in here. Elaine, who’s a loyal reader, pointed me to your blog some time ago. I’m her husband. One thing I didn’t mention in my comment: how much I liked your choice of the word dungarees. For anyone of a certain age, that word resonates.