Thursday, December 15, 2022

Me, reading


Bryan Garner asked panel members to send photographs of themselves reading entries they commented on for the now-published fifth edition of Garner’s Modern English Usage. So here, or there, I am. The photograph is by Elaine Fine.

Related reading
All OCA Bryan Garner posts (Pinboard) : A critical reader

comments: 11

Frex said...

Very nice! You are the very picture of a perspicacious person.

Frex = Fresca

Michael Leddy said...

If you say so. : )

Tororo said...

So I say, too.

Michael Leddy said...

I never know what to do with a compliment, so I’ll just say thanks.

Daughter Number Three said...

Slippers!

Michael Leddy said...

The photographer insisted that I wear them. They were a gift from her a couple of years ago. She says that the slippers make the outfit, though I keep insisting that men don’t wear outfits.

The slippers look better than Crocs would, don’t you think?

Joe DiBiase said...

Elaine outfitted you with the slippers, and with them the outfitting, and outfit, were complete.

Fresca said...

I noticed the very nice slippers too--and that they match the carpet! :)

Michael Leddy said...

Joe, I think you got me. It’s an outfit.

Fresca, I’m hoping for some hardwood slippers this year. Then I’ll be able to read on either surface. : )

Elaine said...

Given where you live, Inassumed that you switched into those when you came in from your frosty/snowy/slushy/salt and cinder-strewn outside.....ahh, dry slippers!

Nice outfit!

Michael Leddy said...

Outfits R Us! But no real snow yet, just flurries.