Wednesday, August 17, 2022

“Liberal elitist pizza”

[“Does Carl Bark?” Zippy, August 17, 2022. Click for a larger pie.]

Zippy is in Utah, and he’s carrying, openly — a pizza, that is, from Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana.

Related reading
All OCA Zippy posts (Pinboard)

[Frank Pepe’s white clam pie is a joy: clams, grated cheese, olive oil, garlic, oregano. That’s all.]

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

and that elitist pizza place recently opened up in alexandria, va!

i may have to try it in a few weeks when i am there.

kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

I’ve found that the quality varies from location to location. I hope you find it’s a good one.

Joe DiBiase said...

I believe the recipe for Pepe's Clam Pizza is in Todd English's Figs cookbook. Though I've never had it at Pepe's, I've made the Figs version, and it was delicious. Alas, that was before I developed a shellfish allergy. Aaargh!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Joe.

Aargh is right. It’s no fun when foods turn on you.