Wednesday, August 10, 2022

“That’s our slogan”

From the Only Murders in the Building episode “Hello, Darkness.” Two neighbors in the building:

“Don’t laugh, but I’ve always wanted to be a children’s librarian.”

“I’m a librarian.”

“Shut up!”

“That’s our slogan.”
[The librarian is Howard (Michael Cyril Creighton). His neighbor (Jason Veasey) has no name, at least not yet.]

comments: 4

The Crow said...

Took a couple of seconds for that to hit last night, but it made me laugh so hard I snorted!

Michael Leddy said...

Maybe the best line in the series. I also like “Aloha, Mabel.”

Joe DiBiase said...

I'm liking "Only Murders in the Building" more than I thought I would. Maybe because this is the first time Martin Short hasn't annoyed me to the point of not watching. He's actually perfect for the role.

Michael Leddy said...

I liked him back in the SCTV days but lost sight of him for quite a while. I, too, think he’s terrific in this series.