Wednesday, August 3, 2022

In Kansas

Take that!

comments: 5

Anonymous said...

As a Kansas citizen, I am so proud of the people who turned out to vote yesterday! And to deliver a resounding "no" to the R's!!!

When I went to vote around 8:30 am, there were many people there to vote. The R's had put this on an August vote when many don't vote and yet they turned out.

I had tears in my eyes when I pushed the button to cast my vote.

kirsten

Fresca said...

OMG, once again you are a main source of news for me
--and this time it's good!!!
"Kansas voters resoundingly rejecting a constitutional amendment that would have let state legislators ban or significantly restrict abortion."

Michael Leddy said...

I saw it shaping up last night and was cheered to see it for sure this morning. Some good news.

Anonymous said...

In a follow-up, I didn't receive any of the confusing messages but via mail I only received materials to vote against it ("no" vote is good!) from the Voter Participation Center (good one explaining the "yes" and "no" votes), 3 from the Kansans for Constitutional Freedom and 1 from the League of Women Voters. All of them said to vote no!

kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

I’ve read about confusingly worded propositions. Hurrah for clarity!