Sunday, August 8, 2021

“Back to square one”


This explanation seems to me, alas, entirely plausible.

The Trump** cult really is, as I wrote in June 2020, a death cult. In its ranks, millions who believe that endangering their own lives and the lives of others equals “freedom.”

My representative in Congress, Mary Miller (R, Illinois-15), rejects masks, casts doubt on vaccines, and tells her constituents to “Do what’s best for you & your situation!” Meaning?

[Some background on Pam Keith here.]

comments: 3

Daughter Number Three said...

I was just thinking last night that they're a suicide cult. Short-term with COVID, long-term with climate.

Daughter Number Three said...

Or maybe that's short- to medium-term with climate, too.

Michael Leddy said...

Indeed. Our other Miller, Chris, recently: “We do not have a climate crisis! I don’t care how many times you hear that. We have an energy crisis and we have a crisis of common sense.”