Thursday, October 1, 2020

Back to Naked City

Elaine and I removed ourselves from reality for an hour to watch a couple of episodes of Naked City. “Let’s see what’s come out while we weren’t paying attention,” said I. So we switched on CNN and began checking our phones. In our hour away, the news had come out that Hope Hicks has tested positive for COVID-19. And a former assistant to Melania Trump had released a tape of a Melania Trump conversation:

“I’m working like a — my ass off at Christmas stuff that, you know, who gives a fuck about Christmas stuff and decoration? But I need to do it, right? Correct? Okay, and then I do it, and I say that I’m working on Christmas planning for the Christmas, and they say, ‘Ooh, what about the children, that they were separated?’ Give me a fucking break.”
Back to Naked City.

*

10:24 p.m.: Samantha Vinograd, on Twitter: “Trump’s irresponsibility has put himself, his family, his staff, the functioning of our government, and millions of Americans at unnecessary risk.”

[My transcription.]

comments: 0