Monday, October 19, 2020

“Orange Crate Shark”

I downloaded the Google app to try its new song-recognition feature. Just hum, and the app tells you the song. I often have unidentifiable bits of music popping into my head. For instance. And more recently, this little phrase for strings. I’m a capable hummer. So I thought the Google app might be useful to me.

I tried humming. I started with “Orange Crate Art.” The Google app identified it as “Baby Shark.”

Okay, something easier.

The Google app turned “Old McDonald” into “Death Grips” by Ha Ha Ha. Yes, really. Honest.

For “Take the ‘A’ Train” it had nothing.

A minute or so later the app was gone from my phone.

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

This is as bad as when you could call American Airlines to get flight arrivals or cable companies. I remember one time I called the flight info line and had to repeat the flight numbers 6 times before giving up and just going to the airport! Or cable companies automated responses that keep asking you what you are looking for and no matter how slowly you say it, the system doesn't hear it!

Kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

Been there! Do you know about the website GetHuman? It won’t help though with identifying songs. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for Gethuman! I just spent another 20 minutes with Comcast trying to get a refund check from July. And from the GetHuman website I see how to get around the computer!

Kirsten

Michael Leddy said...

Yay!