Thursday, February 16, 2017

Separated at birth

 
[Victor Buono and Dan Seymour.]

Diane Schirf suggested these actors for a separated-at-birth post. Yes. But finding a pair of photographs to suggest the resemblance was more difficult than I expected. Searching for “dan seymour” actor turns up relatively little (and that little includes a photo of Victor Buono). If this pair of photographs doesn’t convince you, please, take Diane’s word for it (and mine): these guys strongly resemble one other.

Also separated at birth
Nicholson Baker and Lawrence Ferlinghetti : Ted Berrigan and C. Everett Koop : David Bowie and Karl Held : John Davis Chandler and Steve Buscemi : Ray Collins and Mississippi John Hurt : Broderick Crawford and Vladimir Nabokov : Ted Cruz and Joe McCarthy : Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Gough : Jacques Derrida, Peter Falk, and William Hopper : Elaine Hansen (of Davey and Goliath) and Blanche Lincoln : Barbara Hale and Vivien Leigh : Harriet Sansom Harris and Phoebe Nicholls : Ton Koopman and Oliver Sacks : Steve Lacy and Myron McCormick : William H. Macy and Michael A. Monahan : Fredric March and Tobey Maguire : Molly Ringwald and Victoria Zinny

comments: 11

Slywy said...

They do! I thought they were the same person until I realized they couldn't be (different eras).

zzi said...

This is pure Perry. I think I can locate another. My saying "he's a poor man's Victor Buono" Or poor man's Edward Arnold.

Michael Leddy said...

The one on the left I found with no identification. I’d be happy if it’s from Perry Mason. The one on the right is from Key Largo.

Slywy said...

That may be from Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?.

Slywy said...

http://www.aveleyman.com/FilmCredit.aspx?FilmID=21054

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks for the identification.

zzi said...

http://bit.ly/2l6RKQL Perry
http://bit.ly/2kKrRTn Perry

http://bit.ly/2kKlmjm Poor man's Edward Arnold (Perry)

If I notice someone on Perry, I'll name a note of it.

Now if someone can tell me the size paper he sometimes reads his notes from in court, I will be a happy man.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks for the links. When I saw the second, I thought, Man, Victor Buono looks more like Dan Seymour than I realized. And then I thought, Wait, that is Seymour.

Slywy said...

Yes, they have different hairlines, and Seymour had heavier eyebrows. But they really do look an awful lot alike (although both were heavyset, I think Buono may have been taller). Take my word! I've seen Seymour in at least three movies. :)

steve pugh said...

Both played an adam west batman villain, victor was king tut, dan was the mandarin

Michael Leddy said...

Nice! I remember King Tut, but I couldn’t have told you which guy of the two played him.