Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Gilmores and Gilligan

Elaine Fine, co-director of our household’s Center for Media Studies, had a thought: Gilmore Girls is Gilligan’s Island.

The Skipper: Taylor Doose. Gilligan: Kirk. The Howells: Emily and Richard Gilmore. Ginger: Lorelai. Mary Ann: Rory. The Professor: Luke.

Yes, the analogy is rough. Many Stars Hollow residents are unaccounted for. (Jess is pretty clearly some visitor to the island.) The Center will need at least one grant to work out the details.

Related reading
All OCA Gilmore Girls posts (Pinboard)

[Posted here with permission.]

comments: 4

Stefan said...

I looked up the full cast, just to see if I could find anything clever to add, but instead I was shocked to learn that Sally Struthers played Babette Dell. How did I fail to realize that? No wonder I never win or even have a good guess when you play the mystery actor game.

Michael Leddy said...

I was left saying, OMG, that’s Sally Struthers? I can see that it’s her, but the voice doesn’t make it easy.

Elaine said...

So, the rare bird who has never seen either is totally at sea! Possibly lost and stranded on an uncharted island? With um? Two sisters? All that based on thumbnail sketches and not much else...

Michael Leddy said...

The Gilmores are mother and daughter, sixteen years apart. :)