Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Kind of Kind of Blue

A dog-food commercial with faux Kind of Blue (specifically, "So What") as background music? Clearly, the commercial was made so that I would notice it and then say something about it.

My dad brought me up right: I’ve been listening to Miles Davis’s Kind of Blue since it appeared in 1959 (in my toddlerhood). Everyone should have a copy of Kind of Blue in the house.

Related reading
All OCA Miles Davis posts (Pinboard)

[Thanks to Elaine for the post title.]

comments: 2

Joe DiBiase said...

Kind of Blue

on vinyl: ✓ (2 copies)
on CD: ✓
on Spotify as a playlist: ✓

I think I'm covered.

Michael Leddy said...

Good work. I have three CDs (one that belonged to my dad, one with the documentary on the flip side) and the original LP, with side one speeded up and the tracks on side two mistitled.