Saturday, June 10, 2023

Boxes

[Click for a larger view.]

Between the toilet
And the shower
Fall the Boxes.

If you saw something like this in someone’s house, you’d worry, wouldn’t you? I’m saving this DOJ photograph here to caution myself against far milder kinds of clutter. Also against installing a chandelier in the batheroonie.

*

Also: looking more closely, I now see that there are boxes in the tub, reaching to the ceiling.

Between the boxes
And the boxes
Falls the Shower Curtain.

[Poetry, such as it is, with apologies to T.S. Eliot.]

comments: 7

Fresca said...

Poetry good.
Boxes bad.
Bathroom---tacky!

Michael Leddy said...

I think the Trump decor gives “tacky” a bad name. The only thing that’s missing is a plastic slipcover over the shower curtain.

ksh said...

Little boxes in the bathroom
Little boxes filled with documents
Little boxes and the contents
Are all marked "classified"

But you stole those little boxes
And you moved them down to Florida
And you put them in the bathroom
And we know that you lied

(with apologies to Malvina Reynolds)

ksh said...

Permit me one more verse.


But you're indicted
And if found guilty
They'll put you in a jail cell
Where you'll sleep next to the toilet
Inside a little box.

Michael Leddy said...

I thought of Malvina Reynolds too:

https://mleddy.blogspot.com/2022/02/with-apologies-to-malvina-reynolds.html

That’s from February 2022 (!): this indictment is a long time coming.

Elaine saw a good response online: Bed, Bath, and Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

ksh said...

Well done, sir. Certainly ahead of me. Well done, indeed.
And why has this gone on so long?

Michael Leddy said...

Just say I committed anticipatory plagiarism. (A joke term, but a real one.) And I would bet someone else got there before me.