Friday, June 5, 2020

“Modern things”


Fernando Pessoa, text 457, The Book of Disquiet, trans. from the Portuguese by Richard Zenith (New York: Penguin, 2003).

Related reading
All OCA Pessoa posts (Pinboard)

comments: 5

Fresca said...

OK! OK! Enough already. I WILL BUY THE BOOK!!!
(Are you getting a commission???)
Really, every single quote from this, I would consider as a tattoo. :)

Michael Leddy said...

When I posted the Pessoa passage from the Almodóvar movie Pain and Glory, Geo-B mentioned that he’s read the book five times but doesn’t recommend it to people. I’m almost through (twenty pages to go), and I think I’d say to read some more online first. Try before you buy! Not everything is as wonderful as the choice bits I’m posting.

Frex said...

Too late! It's ordered. I read a review in the Guardian that made me want to read it too. (I won't blame you if I don't like it. :)

Michael Leddy said...

Okay, it’s done. It’ll last you a while, I bet. I now have eighteen pages to go.

Frex said...

It will be good for the next pandemic. --Fresca