Thursday, March 26, 2020

Pitching Ghostwriter

“Ghostwriter rewards the patient, the loyal, the attentive. If that means some fans will reach adulthood without ever learning who Max Mouse is, so be it”: from “The Pitch Meeting for Ghostwriter (The Toast ). Word!

See also “The Pitch Meeting for Wishbone.”

Related posts
Ghostwriter’s identity : My Ghostwriter blurb

[As any Ghostwriter fan will remember, the show’s theme music began with “Ghostwriter — word!” Extra credit if you know who Max Mouse is.]

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit it-I watched Wishbone and loved it even better than Blue's Clues. And yes, I am not 10 years old! So reading the pitch was too funny!

On a side note--years ago while home during spring break I was watching Sesame Street/The Muppets at my parents and just laughing at some of the jokes. My dad walked in to see why i was laughing so much and told me "good use of tuition money."

Michael Leddy said...

I will cop to showing the Odyssey episode when teaching Homer to college juniors and seniors. That episode was a super-smart effort to bring Homeric themes into the Wishbone world. I loved that show.