Sunday, September 16, 2018

Postage due


[Zippy, September 15, 2018.]

Late, like the mail sometimes.

Related reading
All OCA Zippy posts (Pinboard)

comments: 2

Geo-B said...

Because summer session goes so quickly, I used to have my students turn the first paper in with a stamped self-addressed envelope, so I could mail it to them, so they could have the feedback for writing their second paper which was due the next class session. I've had to abandon that practice since my students, no dummies, didn't know where to get an envelope, where to get a stamp, how to address the envelope. A couple years ago, the woman who ended up getting the highest grade for the semester, addressed the envelope where the return address goes. Lost, arcane knowledge. (Next up: writing a check)

Michael Leddy said...

Wow. I remember the days of self-addressed postcards for semester grades. A postcard you address to yourself? Talk about complexity!