Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Ego sum, ergo sunt

Our president, speaking a few minutes ago in response to an anonymous New York Times opinion piece by a senior official in his administration. My transcription:

“If I weren’t here, I believe The New York Times probably wouldn’t even exist. And someday, and someday, when I’m not president, which hopefully will be in about six-and-a-half years from now, The New York Times and CNN and all of these phony media outlets will be out of business, folks, they’ll be out of business, because there’ll be nothing to write and there’ll be nothing of interest.”
There’ll be nothing of interest, except: what happened to the missing strawberries?

Donald Trump is not a well man. In late July I thought that we were seeing the beginning of the beginning of the beginning of the end. I think we’re now seeing the beginning of the beginning of the end.

[“I am; therefore, they are.” I hope the Latin’s fine.]

comments: 2

Elaine said...

I can hear the ball bearings clicking....

Michael Leddy said...

Yes. Though as far as I can see, he’s never had any bearings beyond his own ego.