Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Twelve

Orange Crate Art turns twelve tonight tomorrow night, an age best described as “difficult.” Orange Crate Art will often seem very grown up, but may revert to childish behavior at times. It needs nine-and-a-half to ten hours of sleep every night and catches up on weekends. Its voice is deepening, but it sometimes comes up against a mismatch between expectations and actual capabilities. As I said, “difficult.”

But seriously: writing in these pages, day after day after day, gives me more pleasure than any other writing I’ve done. To everyone who’s reading: thank you.

*

12:14 p.m.: I goofed on the date. My blog turns twelve tomorrow.

[Twelve-year-old stuff found here.]

comments: 12

Chris said...

Thank you, Michael. Here's to twelve more.

Daughter Number Three said...

No, I insist, thank *you*.

Michael Leddy said...

Fearing an infinite loop, I’ll just offer a warm smile. :)

Fresca said...

I guess your blog identifies as a boy?
If it were a girl blog, it could be getting her first period!

Uh, anyway... Happy Birthday, OCA!
So glad you're still here.

Michael Leddy said...

Thank you, Fresca.

I think these yearly developments are going to become too awkward. Last year I noted “major bodily and hormonal changes.” In 2014, increased body odor, among other things.

Frex said...

Maybe better to think in terms of whiskey---when OCA turns 25 you could sell it for $44,715.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your generosity in sharing your writing.

Michael Leddy said...

@Fresca: Unless someone steals it first. (I’m thinking of the Pappy Van Winkle heist.)

And thanks, Anon.

The Subliminal Mr Dunn said...

Many, many congratulations, Michael.Your blog goes from strength to strength, the exact opposite to mine!
We started off at about the same time and, like Johnnie Walker, we're still going strong.
I really do love your blog. Keep it up.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Barnaby.

P.S.: I just sent you a movie recommendation.

Berit said...

☺️

Congratulations, and thank you.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Berit. I think that’s the first emoji to appear here.