Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Trump music

Elaine and I somehow, I know not how, got on a Donald Trump mailing list. When the first mailing came, we each wrote back with a clear message: take our names off your list. A second mailing arrived today. We each called a toll-free number (meant for donations) and asked that our names be removed. Why two calls? Only one “form” can be filled out per call.

The music that played for each of us as we waited on hold: a Mozart piano sonata. Wait, what?

comments: 4

Daughter Number Three said...

I've gotten four mailings so far. In some ways it makes me happy that they are wasting their money this way. And I add to it by sending back their prepaid business reply envelopes, so it costs them an extra $.90 or so.

Though it does no good to try and overweight the envelope... just put a couple of sheets of paper in. Such as the original mailing pages.

Michael Leddy said...

I’m sending the second one back too. I wonder if they’re just soliciting recent voters, whoever they are.

Daughter Number Three said...

Huh, that could be. I couldn't figure out what the heck list could get me a Trump mailing, but that would account for it. Kind of scattershot.

Michael Leddy said...

What makes me think voting records: middle initials.