Monday, September 5, 2016

Nancy Kerouac


[Nancy , February 20, 1960.]

Nancy has begun her magnum opus, On the Sidewalk .



*

2:20 p.m.: Jack Kerouac’s On the Road was published on September 5, 1957. Is today’s panel a matter of coincidence?

*

September 8: I e-mailed Guy Gilchrist, who draws today’s Nancy and presides with John Lotshaw over Random Acts of Nancy . I’ve had no reply. I can’t find anything online to suggest that anyone else has remarked on a Nancy-Kerouac connection. I think it’s safe to conclude that the September 5 Random Act is a strange and wonderful coincidence.

Related reading
All OCA Nancy posts (Pinboard)

[You can read Random Acts of Nancy every day at GoComics. Context for On the Sidewalk here.]

comments: 2

Sean said...

Would be quite a coincidence!

Michael Leddy said...

I’ve asked and am hoping for a reply.