Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Brain food!

When my daughter Rachel pointed out the new old-time Cracker Jack box, I had to buy a three-pack. I wouldn't have guessed that one box would contain a piece of popcorn resembling a human brain.

As Elaine says, "Candy-coated popcorn, peanuts, and a brain, that's what you get in Cracker Jack!"

According to Jack himself, July 5 is Cracker Jack Day.

comments: 6

Matt Thomas said...

Good to know I'm not the only one who got suckered into buying these limited-edition, throwback Cracker Jacks.

Michael Leddy said...

Just for the record: it was the packaging itself that suckered me, not my wonderful daughter, who was offering only a point of information. : )

Thom said...

Oh, my! Next thing you know the Virgin Mary will be showing up in boxes of Good 'N' Plenty! ;-)

Michael Leddy said...

Thom, do you remember the recent grilled cheese sandwich with an alleged likeness of Mary? I believe it sold on eBay.

Anonymous said...

So what reserve did you set for the Cracker Jack brain? :-)

Michael Leddy said...

I ended up throwing it out, Thom. All I wanted was the photo.