Sunday, July 26, 2026

A Bill Griffith memoir in the works

[Zippy , July 26, 2026. Click for a larger view.]

News of the past, present, and future in today’s Zippy .

Today’s strip might mark the first time Bill Griffith has appeared as his own white-haired self, not as Griffy.

Related reading
All OCA Zippy posts (Pinboard)

2 comments:

  1. Though I never "got" Zippy, even though I was introduced to to the strip back in 1982 by a college dormmate who was a Zippy fanatic, I was glad to see that Bill Griffith is still with us. Out of curiosity, I googled one of his contemporaries, a fellow cartoonist, Robert Crumb. Happy to read that he's still with us, too, enjoying life, and still working, in France (though a widower). His stuff is also kinda out there, but less bizarre than Zippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, I admire Crumb’s artistry, but I find Griffith a lot more congenial. In recent years he’s done five great graphic narratives in book form in addition to the daily strip.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.