Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Mystery actor

[Click for a larger view.]

Leave your guess(es) in the comments. I’ll drop a hint if one is needed.

*

A hint: In one of his last movies, he played a version of himself.

*

I’ll try one more hint: In some of his other film appearances, he wore much more makeup.

*

Oh well. I’ll put the answer in the comments.

Related reading
All OCA mystery actor posts (Pinboard)

9 comments:

  1. Looks very much like Vincent Price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douglas Fairbanks Jr.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s Boris Karloff as “Happy” MacDonald, owner of Happy’s Club, in Night World (dir. Hobart Henley, 1932).

    The first clue references Targets (dir. Peter Bogdanovich, 1968), in which Karloff plays a fading horror-movie star making an appearance at a drive-in. The second, well, that should be obvious.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.