Thursday, March 2, 2023

Glenmorangie redesign

The change was made last summer, but it showed up at our nearby beverage depot only recently.

Here’s what Glenmorangie bottles used to look like. And here’s what they look like now. The standard ten-year-old bottle is now more Glen-orangey, but it also looks pretty dumb: GLEN, MO, RAN, GIE.

And why display Lasanta ($60) and Quinta Ruben ($75) in large glasses crammed with fruit and ice? That stuff is meant to be sipped, I tell ya, sipped, from a tiny little glass, maybe with a tiny little bit of water. The fruit-and-ice presentation makes me think of a purveyor of fine meats showing steaks slathered in ketchup.

Related posts
Glen or Glenda : Spelling Glenmorangie with Slide to Type

comments: 2

Slywy said...

The design and colors remind me of Juul (vape). I think I'd want my Scotch to have a more traditional feel but they say this sells.

Michael Leddy said...

Yikes, they are Juul-like. Glenmorangie has also introduced a variety for mixing and a variety that’s meant to suggest cake. I doubt any of that would draw the kids today to the single malt Scotch shelves of a liquor store. But who knows?

The comments I’ve seen online have been almost all negative. I think it’s a familiar story: the attempt to bring in new customers leaves those who have been customers feeling a little appalled.