Saturday, March 5, 2022

I am also fond of the composer

Elaine wrote a piece for viola, “I am also fond of lonely islands,” after reading Tove Jansson’s The Summer Book last December. And now there’s a recording, at YouTube (and elsewhere). The violist is Paul Cortese.

comments: 6

Fresca said...

Wow! Very impressive! I wish Tove Jansson could hear it. Congratulations to the amazing Elaine.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Fresca. I’ll pass them on.

Elaine Fine said...

Thank you, Fresca!

Joe DiBiase said...

Lovely, just lovely.

Tororo said...

Thanks to earlier OCA posts, I subscribed to Amazing Elaine's Youtube channel. Delightful!

Elaine Fine said...

Thank you, Joe, and thank you Tororo! It is so amazing to hear Paul Cortese play the piece exactly the way I imagined it should be, and then some. I feel so very fortunate.