Sunday, February 2, 2020

Overheard

[The scene: a supermarket. A woman in at least her seventies speaks to a friend.]

“I’m just gonna go without toothpicks and drink.”

Related reading
All OCA “overheard” posts (Pinboard)

comments: 5

Fresca said...

I imagine she's skipping the olives too then?

Chris said...

I wonder if this has some connection with the fact that traditional two-ended round toothpicks have mysteriously disappeared from some supermarkets. I haven't been able to find them for months. Were they deemed too hazardous?

Michael Leddy said...

Maybe the glass as well.

Fresca said...

LOL!!!

Michael Leddy said...

Chris, I didn’t see your comment earlier. The last time I went looking, the only ones I could find were in shakers, which dislodge one struggling toothpick at a time. (The cap can be removed for easier access.) But toothpicks were in no particular place in the store — instead, they were scattered on plastic vine-like structures attached to shelves here and there.