Friday, October 2, 2015

Adieu, Arne Duncan

From The New York Times: “Arne Duncan, Education Secretary, to Step Down in December.”

Duncan will be <sarcasm>warmly</sarcasm> remembered as the man who started us on the Race to the Top. His successor will no doubt stay the course.

A related post
Arne Duncan on Colbert

[Fake HTML made with character codes from this handy page.]

comments: 2

The Arthurian said...

Thanks for the link to character codes.

At work I often press ALT and type 0189 on the numeric keypad to get "½". One less or one more than 0189 for "¼" or "¾". Works in Windows and my Blogger editor too. Oddly (if my co-worker has his facts right) filenames with these fractions in them prevent WinZip from working.

Miscellaneous, vaguely related facts and rumors :)

Michael Leddy said...

I’ve used decimal codes for a few fractions. There is a way to make any fraction in HTML, but it ruins lineation.

I wouldn’t be surprised if an unusual character in a filename made a mess of things. (I think of what happens when I upload an image with a space in the filename.)