Thursday, September 15, 2011

Overheard

By Elaine, in Borders: “I hate books that you have to read from cover to cover.”

Related reading
All “overheard” posts (via Pinboard)

[My last Borders purchases: Alain de Botton’s The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work, Farber on Film: The Complete Film Writings of Manny Farber, and Tim Page’s Parallel Play.]

comments: 5

The Subliminal Mr Dunn said...

Well, at least nobody has to read our blogs from cover to cover, Michael!

Michael Leddy said...

My wife might disagree with you on that. :)

Pete said...

I made my final Borders visit on Monday. Nothing there worth buying, so my final purchase there was a copy of Bookforum, back in May. My final book purchase was last winter - a collection of Dickens' Christmas stories. Over the years, most of my Borders purchases have been gifts for others - I found it very convenient to find books on the website, put a hold on them at the nearest store, then pick them up at my leisure (I'm not aware of B&N having a similar feature). But I've bought very little there for myself.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, I saw your post. Finding the three books I found took about an hour of looking — there was very little of interest.

Elaine said...

Is anyone going to blow 'Taps' over the last Border on its last day?

Maybe it's all those 'cover to cover' type books that brought it down...