Tuesday, September 20, 2011

For an autograph album

Things to write in an autograph album:

Birds on the mountain,
Fish in the sea.
How you ever graduated
Is a mystery to me.

*

FUNEX
VFX
FUNEM
VFM
OKMNX

*

I love you, I love you,
I love you so well,
If I had a peanut
I’d give you the shell.

*

If I were a head of lettuce
I’d cut myself in two.
I’d give the leaves to all my friends
And save the heart for you.

*

Mary had a little lamb.
Her father shot it dead.
Now Mary carries that lamb to school
Between two hunks of bread.

*

Never B♯
Never B♭
Always B♮

*

Roses are red,
Pickles are green.
My face is a holler
But yours is a scream.

*
                                                               
                                                               
Some blank verse from a blank mind.

*

When sitting on a sofa
With your boyfriend by your side,
Beware of false kisses,
His mustache may be dyed.

*

Yours till soda pops.

From Yours Till Niagra Falls, compiled by Lillian Morrison (New York: Thomas Y. Crowell, 1950). A library book-sale find.

comments: 0