Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Can you name the film?

I woke up this morning thinking of the ending of a film whose plot involves a heist of some sort. The ending takes place at an airport, where a suitcase filled with money falls off a baggage cart and opens. Bills fly everywhere. I think the film dates from the 1960s. I’m not sure if it’s in color.

Reader, can you name the film?

[Sometimes the Google is of no avail.]

Update: But readers are. The title is in the comments, and I’m grateful.

comments: 7

liz said...

I think The Killing, a Kubrick film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_(film)

Adair said...

Why that must be Kubrick's Killer's Kiss, with Sterling Hayden. A great film!

Adair said...

Oops! I meant Kubrick's "The Killing." It is from 1955, in black and white. By the way, the script was co-authored by the great Jim Thompson! ("Killer's Kiss" is Kubrick's first film, also enthralling, with on-location shots of Manhattan.)

Anonymous said...

The Killing? 1956... sounds about right.

Michael Leddy said...

That’s it! Thank you, Liz, Adair, and WPTunes.

I heartily second Adair’s recommendation of Killer’s Kiss.

Geo-B said...

I seem to remember (rightly or wrongly) that the money flies up in the air at the end because they were afraid the censors wouldn't like someone succeeding from a crime...?

Michael Leddy said...

That sounds plausible. Anyone know?