Sunday, June 7, 2020

THANK YOU USPS

I’ve taken to writing or drawing a thank-you on almost every piece of mail I send. Why not?

The canvas here is not a paper bag. It’s an envelope from the Muji store, cheap and good.

comments: 5

The Crow said...

I was a postal employee for a little over ten years, mostly as a postmaster in a very small town (village) in Adams County, Pennsylvania. It seemed that every year the Postal Service had to jump through hoops to receive funding and authorization to continue beyond the end of the fiscal year (June 30th).

So, on behalf of all the people who worked before, during and after my ten years, thank you, Michael, for your support.

Michael Leddy said...

Martha, you’re welcome. Everyone should appreciate the work that the postal service does.

Pete said...

I appreciate the USPS, though I sometimes wonder about their decision-making. I ordered two booklets of stamps online, and though my local post office has plenty of stamps that my mail carrier could have delivered, my stamps were shipped to me from Kansas City.

I like your drawing, though I’m a bit disappointed that it doesn’t include Some Rocks.

Fresca said...

I love your sign!
Is it modeled on a particular cartoonist's style?
Looks like it could be outside Snoopy's doghouse... or the Flagstaffs' house?

I have offered a bottle of beer to two mail carriers.
They both said no but seemed amused.

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks for the compliments, Pete and Fresca.

I wasn’t trying to emulate anyone, but there probably is an unconscious Schulz influence. I would never dare approach the sacred rocks.

It might be complicated for the USPS to do orders from individual post offices. But what Pete describes reminds me of how mail sent across town first goes fifty miles out of town first.