Monday, May 7, 2012

Kurt Vonnegut, Manager


I took this photograph at the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library in Indianapolis. I like the letterhead, and yes, I was happy to see the telephone exchange name.

Kurt Vonnegut managed one of the first Saab dealerships in the United States. He wrote about the Saab in a 2004 essay: Have I Got a Car for You! And here, from 2009, is an article on the dealership’s uncertain history.

comments: 3

Stefan said...

Thanks for the photo and the post, Michael. I did not know that there was a Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library, but I'm very glad to learn that there is. Slaughter-House Five ought at least to be safe from would-be censors in these stacks.

Michael Leddy said...

Speaking of censorship, there’s something from the library on its way to you.

stefan said...

Really?! I will be watching for my postie with special enthusiasm.I hate the phrase, but thanks in advance! You are very kind.