Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Beach Boys in Newsweek

A member of Brian Wilson’s band speaks:

“When my friends hear I’m touring with the Beach Boys, they’re like, ‘Oh, so you’re doing fairgrounds and stuff?’” he says. “And I’m like, ‘No, we’re with Brian Wilson.’ But, you know, when we performed Pet Sounds and Smile, that was art. That was Brian. Now we are kind of at the fairgrounds.”
From Andrew Romano’s long report on the Beach Boys’ summer reunion tour: The Beach Boys’ Crazy Summer (Newsweek).

A related post
Beach Boys reunion dream

comments: 2

Koralatov said...

On first glance, I read the post’s headline as “The Beach Boys in Newspeak”. I was slightly disappointed when I clicked through and didn’t get an Ingsoc-approved translation of their most famous songs…

Michael Leddy said...

How about “I wish they all could be Oceanian citizens”? If anyone would like to take up the challenge with greater dedication, fire away.