Thursday, March 21, 2019

Mongols in a penholder holder


[Height: 4 7/8″. Click for a larger view.]

Not a pencil cup, or even a tea tin. What it is is a four-hole holder for penholders, which themselves are the holders for penpoints. (Think dip pens.) A holder for penholders holding pencils: I like that. A holder for penholders holding Mongol pencils: I like that even more. Elaine gave me this penholder holder a few years ago. Thank you, Elaine.

The Mongol is my favorite pencil. Evidence: OCA Mongol posts (Pinboard).

[“What it is is”: I decided that for once in my life, I’d use what Garner’s Modern English Usage calls “this ungainly construction,” just for fun. No comma between the iss.]

comments: 4

Sean said...

That's really neat, thanks for sharing it with us.

Michael Leddy said...

My pleasure. It’s such a plain beautiful thing.

Fresca said...

A beautiful useful thing. Reminds me of a darning egg--so pleasing.

Michael Leddy said...

I see now that people still make darning eggs. I thought that they were only a thing of the past.