Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Trump, go home

In today’s New York Times, a reporter travels to Donald Trump’s old neighborhood in Queens :

“People always ask, ‘Where are the moderate Muslims?’” Ali Najmi, 31, a defense lawyer and a co-founder of the Muslim Democratic Club of New York, said during a discussion after prayers at the Arafa Islamic Center. “We’re right here; we’re right in Donald Trump’s neighborhood. He needs to come back home.”
In a little corner of my imagination, I sometimes wonder whether Trump’s candidacy is an elaborate thought-experiment, something like Jane Elliott’s blue eyes–brown eyes classroom exercise. But I know I’m just imagining things.

comments: 1

Daughter Number Three said...

I still hold out the possibility that Glenn Beck is a performance artist, so I know what you mean.