Friday, April 8, 2011

Antique Packaging


From Josep Maria Garrofé, Antique Packaging (Corte Madera, CA: Gingko Press, 2008).
Antique Packaging is a book of photographs of old cardboard boxes. Francesc Serra found these boxes, which now form a collection at the Spanish packaging firm Tribu-3. Is Serra a founder of the firm? Does he work there? The book does not explain. I like this sentence from an endnote about Sr. Serra: “There is no way he will reveal to us where he has found the boxes and how.”

My son Ben gave me this beautiful book. Thanks, Ben!

comments: 3

Gunther said...

What a beautiful box! Thank you for showing it. — Funny coincidence: Only two days ago I have bought an old cardboard box of German celluloid-covered thumb tacks, and if it arrives safely I will show it as an addendum of my thumb tack post.

Michael Leddy said...

Gunther, I never knew that there was such great variety in thumbtacks.

Gunther said...

Michael, I was suprised too. I am also amazed by the great effort and care that was put even in the smallest details.