Thursday, September 4, 2014

A joke in the traditional manner

Why did the doctor spend his time helping injured squirrels?

No spoilers here. The answer is in the comments.

More jokes in the traditional manner
How did Bela Lugosi know what to expect?
How did Samuel Clemens do all his long-distance traveling?
Why did Oliver Hardy attempt a solo career in movies?
Why was Santa Claus wandering the East Side of Manhattan?

[“In the traditional manner” means à la my dad.]

comments: 3

Michael Leddy said...

He had always wanted a career in retail.

Berit said...

Why am I too dense to get this punch line?

"Because he was 'nuts'." Immediately flashed into my head though.

Would you believe I've a great sense of humor and tell screamingly funny stories? No? Well, My other half ADORES terrible puns and the occasional bad joke thrown in for good measure, so I've got keeping him entertained as a justification.

This past weekend I told him about your and Elaine's Some Rocks Quest as we traveled to a wedding. He was all admiration.

Michael Leddy said...

I think I like your punchline better. By the way, I’m scheming a post with program listings for a squirrel radio station, KNUT.

The punchline: re-tailing, replacing or fixing squirrels’ tails. Sorry.

It’s funny how Ernie Bushmiller has retooled my everyday attention to things. I’m always on the lookout for ”some rocks.” I’m glad your husband thinks highly of us. :)