Saturday, March 27, 2010

Steve Wozniak on the iPad and college

In a February 15 post on the iPad and college students, I wrote:

Consider the price. For a family sending a daughter or son to college, the iPad is an attractive alternative to a low-end Windows laptop (and half the price of a MacBook). . . .

The market that the iPad is to conquer: college students. That’s my hunch. (Now let’s see if I’m right.)
I think I’m going to be right. If not, at least I’m in good company. Here’s Steve Wozniak in the April 5 issue of Newsweek:
The iPad could lower the cost of acquiring computers for students. I think it’s going to be huge in the education market. Think about students going off to college. They want an Apple product, but their parents don’t want to spend that much. Now they have the ideal thing. They can go to college and someone may have a whacked-out $6,000 laptop, but the guy with the iPad will get all the attention.
Read more:

Why Steve Wozniak Wants Two iPads (Newsweek)

comments: 1

Stephen said...

My understanding is that the iPad has a processor that would generally be used in cellphones. I suspect it may be underpowered for many tasks.