A certain children’s magazine appears to be notorious for renewing subscriptions without a customer’s approval. Ask me how I know this.
Okay, I’ll tell you: last year I ordered a one-year subscription for a kiddo. (More than a year doesn’t make sense: kids outgrow this stuff pretty quickly). Last night I noticed an unauthorized renewal charge in my bank statement. Very sneaky: the subscription doesn’t expire until January, and the charge was made one day before my then-current card expired. I filed a fraud report with my bank, and I’m watching now for the refund that the magazine’s customer rep promised (though not before trying to get me to renew anyway).
Nasty company. Friends of children, beware.
Wednesday, October 7, 2026
Lowlights, a children’s magazine
By
Michael Leddy
at
10:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

comments: 0
Post a Comment
I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.