[Zippy , October 4, 2026. Click for a larger view.]
On Friday, Zippy became Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon . Yesterday he turned into Lee Marvin, and he continues in that role today (in Point Blank ?).
When I read the dozen comics I read daily, I close read. So I embiggened to see what’s on Zippy Lee’s bottle: Google Zippy Lemon Ale . Yes, it’s real, 7.2 ABV (strong), available in Idaho and Washington. What did Bill Griffith ask for as compensation for the use of Zippy’s likeness? Two six-packs. The story is behind the link just above.
Related reading
All OCA Zippy posts (Pinboard)
[The post title is part of the beer’s logo.]
Sunday, October 4, 2026
”Are we having beer yet?“
By
Michael Leddy
at
8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

comments: 0
Post a Comment
I moderate comments to avoid spam. Please be patient. Thanks.