Friday, November 1, 2019

Fountain Pen Day

As I learned only last night, today is Fountain Pen Day, “a time to embrace, promote, and share the use of fountain pens.” They forgot sell. Oh well.

My regular writer, since l998, is a green-striped Pelikan, the best pen I’ve ever used. My recommendation for anyone who’d like to try a fountain pen: the Kaweco Classic Sport. It’s inexpensive enough to count as an experiment, reliable enough to use as a daily pen. Add a clip and converter and you’re set.

A related post
Five pens

comments: 7

The Crow said...

I tried to find a seller in the US, but their map indicated there is no distributer in the country.

That can't be so. As the Furniture Guys used to say, "That ain't right!"

Michael Leddy said...

Huh. Their website is not doing them a service. I saw Kawecos last week in both Boston and New York. Serious stationery stores will often have them, though maybe with limited selection. I bought my Kaweco online a few months ago from JetPens, who have excellent service.

Slywy said...

I'm digging a Moonman M2.

Michael Leddy said...

I just read a review — wow.

Slywy said...

Which one? Bad or good?

Michael Leddy said...

Really good.

Slywy said...

I've seen some bad ones, mainly over leaking (it has three tiny, nearly invisible O-rings, apparently). Someone said theirs got scratchy after a month, even after cleaning, etc. Mine has rose gold anodized aluminum for a grip, so not all acrylic.