Saturday, September 5, 2015

Big fish, little fish


[Field and Stream, May 1977. Click for a larger view.]

This advertisement makes me think of a novel I read this summer. Moby -something.

The thought of eating fish while fishing seems a little odd to me. But the thought of carrying sardines around in shirt pockets is a thought I am willing to entertain.

Time for lunch.

Related reading
All OCA sardine posts (Pinboard)

comments: 7

Elaine Fine said...

As long as you do the necessary laundry!

Michael Leddy said...

They’ll be in cans! But if there's any leakage, I’ll just throw away the shirt in question, because it will no longer bring me joy.

Daughter Number Three said...

Name the font!

Michael Leddy said...

I give up!

Daughter Number Three said...

It's Korinna -- very popular when I first started doing typesetting in the early 1980s. I love the design of this ad. What a period piece.

Michael Leddy said...

I just looked it up: it’s everywhere! I must have seen it hundreds of times on Frasier .

The art is very much of a period too, isn’t it? The wavery line, the meek little guy.

Daughter Number Three said...

Yes, the illustration style, the fact that it's a "long copy" ad in the first place, the white space...